Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Unit - Investing in Women
Program Overview - Investing in Women (IW)
Investing in Women is an initiative of the Australian Government to catalyse inclusive economic growth and poverty reduction in South East Asia. As a champion for women and girls, Investing in Women was established to improve women’s economic participation, build markets for women and influence the private and public sector environment to promote women’s economic empowerment in the Philippines, Vietnam, Myanmar and Indonesia. Investing in Women works with businesses and impact investors to achieve business and workplace gender equality, and partners with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, and programmes to ensure institutional and regulatory standards are effectively implemented and benefit women and girls.
Investing in Women focuses on the following priority areas:
• improving women’s participation in the workforce, and as business leaders
• enhancing women’s voice in decision making and leadership, and
• influencing the private and public sectors to recognise and promote the value of gender equality.
The IW monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) Unit
METIS is responsible for establishing and operating the monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEL) Unit for Investing in Women (IW). The MEL Unit is based in Canberra, Australia, and works with all IW stakeholders, including national business coalitions, impact investors, component teams and relevant DFAT sections, to operate a MEL system that is both strategic and responsive to the program’s information needs. In addition, the MEL system will contribute to the regional and global body of evidence that seeks to identify the economic and social benefits of women’s economic empowerment.
We are seeking experienced candidates for the following roles for the MEL Unit:
• MEL Deputy Leader - Support the MEL Team Leader to implement MEL evaluation, research and learning activities. The Deputy Leader will play a lead technical role in managing the design, data collection and reporting for selected IW program components and research studies.
• MEL Research Coordinator - Assist the MEL Team Leader and Deputy Leader to design, manage and report on MEL activities across the Investing in Women Program with particular responsibility for primary and secondary data analysis and the development of user-appropriate reporting.
If you have skills and experience that aligns with our work and would like to apply for either position, please send a cover letter, a current CV, and responses to the Key Selection Criteria (maximum 3 pages) to:
METIS Program Manager